Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Style Stashed!

In preparation for this post I wanted to check back at the web site for this particular store. You can imagine my shock when I saw it was closing! Upon further investigation I found out that it's only relocating. I'm talking about Stash Style, formerly in Chagrin Falls.

For the last few years I've taken a quick trip to C-Falls around Christmastime. It's such a cute downtown area that is always decorated for the holidays. For any Gilmore Girls fans out there I refer to it as the Stars Hollow of Ohio, gazebo and all.

I discovered Stash Style two years ago and instantly fell in love. There is nothing I revel in more than a shop that has every inch filled with stuff. It's kind of a quasi vintage boutique with goodies ranging from locally made jewelry, vintage clothes, yarn, doorknockers, chandeliers and everything -- literally everything -- in between.

The first time I went I bought a pair of pink chandelier earrings that I've gotten so many compliments on whenever I wear them.

I knew once I saw this print I had to have it. A cute sign, fun phrase, and nice RENT reference. There were others that featured various phrases and sayings. What can I say I'm a sucker for word and text art.

This past year I thought I did pretty well on my tight budget. Every item I purchased was $2 and under!
This little vintage Christmas tree was too precious to pass up. A nice start to my own holiday decoration collection.

This roll of lace I believe was a dollar. They had it in a few extremely light pastel colors that I loved. I used it for some of my Christmas gifts and I'll probably end up using the rest for a headband.

My eyes were drawn to a bowl full of gold keys. I bought one for just about .50 and added it on a gold chain I already had to wear it as a necklace. It's stuff like the key and the lace Stash Style sells that almost forces you to be creative with it.

As I mentioned before I am quite saddened at the moment because of the news Stash Style just closed (as in three days ago!) Apparently they had a sale with almost everything 50% off. What I would give to go back in time and make it out to Chagrin Falls last week... But alas, I cannot.

However there is light at the end of the tunnel! Stash Style lives on in a different form than its avid customers are used to. The owner will be holding open sales at her home in Rocky River as well as other locations every so often. The next one will be on Friday, May 6 at 780 Bates Rd. in Rocky River. I just might have to make it!
Check back at the Stash Style web site for new updates on sales and events.






No comments:

Post a Comment